[Mapserver-dev] Problem running CVS version...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jul 8 09:06:11 EDT 2003

Cool thanks. In my case I wasn't requesting anything just whatever the
default was. Glad it's fixed.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:

> Hi Folks: I'm trying to debug some new join code but have run into an
> error elsewhere in code that I've never had a part in maintenance.
When
> running shp2img on even a simple mapfile core is dumped. Mpatrol and
gdb
> both point to msCreateDefaultOutputFormat() as the source of the seg
> fault. Can someone else out there confirm the problem. Any recent
> changes in that file or perhaps map.h that might cause this?

Steve,

I have committed a fix to mapoutput.c.  It seems that Assefa added the
ability
to keep user defined formats separate from default ones, but the code
was
crashing when a unavailable driver was requested (such as GD/GIF), an
otherwise perfectly legal thing to do.

warmerdam at pobox.com