[Mapserver-dev] 3.6.5 configure problem

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jun 2 21:11:46 EDT 2003

--prefix isn't used at all in the mapserver configure script. I guess
the reason is that we don't support an install option. What were you
hoping it would control?

Steve

>>> "mapsurfer" <mapsurf at midsouth.rr.com> 06/02/03 6:02 PM >>>

WHen I use --prefix w/ configure, it is still looking for stuff in
/usr/local/ for some
reason (for libtiff, proj, etc).  Its been like this for a long while,
but I *fortunately* use /usr/local
on my setups.  This time around, I have to build mapserver on a shared
machine.  Something
needs tweaking in configure.in

Check it out:

./configure --prefix=/usr/home/cto/usr/local --without-eppl
--without-sde --with-tiff=/usr/local --without-jpeg
--with-proj=/usr/local --with-ttf=/usr/local --with-gd=/usr/local

checking whether we should include TIFF support...
        using libtiff from -L/usr/local/lib -ltiff.
checking whether we should include EPPL7 support...
        disabled by --without-eppl
checking whether we should include PROJ.4 support...
configure: error: Could not find projects.h or libproj.a/libproj.so in
/usr/local.

If I can figure it out, I'll post back a fix.

Regards,

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions, Inc.