[Mapserver-dev] Path for OGR Connections

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 12 16:22:03 EST 2003

That would make it consistent with raster and shapefile layers. I
modified 3.7 so that for
shapefiles the following rules apply

  1) check for absolute path first
  2) check releative to shapepath next
  3) finally check relative to mappath (mapfile location)

Pretty easy mod given the functions you guys have already written.

Steve

>>> Daniel Morissette <morissette at dmsolutions.ca> 03/12/03 01:41PM >>>
"Lars V. Nielsen" wrote:

> When you're looking into it, you might wanna check why OGR connection
paths (e.g. MapInfo tabs) aren't relative to SHAPEPATH but to
> the MAP file itself.

This is the way things have been implemented.  Whether this is a good
or
a bad thing could be argued I guess.  For sure we won't change this
behavior in version 3.6, but I'll CC the mapserver-dev list to find
out
what others would think about changing the behavior in 3.7 so that OGR
CONNECTIONS try to honour the SHAPEPATH when it's set.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca