[Mapserver-dev] Path for OGR Connections

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 12 14:41:34 EST 2003

"Lars V. Nielsen" wrote:

> When you're looking into it, you might wanna check why OGR connection paths (e.g. MapInfo tabs) aren't relative to SHAPEPATH but to
> the MAP file itself.

This is the way things have been implemented.  Whether this is a good or
a bad thing could be argued I guess.  For sure we won't change this
behavior in version 3.6, but I'll CC the mapserver-dev list to find out
what others would think about changing the behavior in 3.7 so that OGR
CONNECTIONS try to honour the SHAPEPATH when it's set.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca