[Mapserver-dev] OT: RH8, Apache2, cgi-bin strangeness

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Mar 13 22:48:26 EST 2003

Yes the logs had the same helpful message :(

But I did figure it out (my bad), Apache 2 puts the QUERY_STRING on
the cgi-bin command line and my executable works either in command
line mode for to make it callable from scripts OR in cgi-bin mode
where it spits out appropriate headers. I set the mode based on (argc
< 1) which doesn't work under apache 2, so I added a check to see if
getenv("REQUEST_METHOD") == NULL

It worked in the shell script because the shell ate the argvs and
they were not passed on to geo.

Thank you for noodling over my problem. Hopefully this will help
someone else to not waste an evening.

-Steve W.