[Mapserver-dev] perplexing segfault while drawing a line layer

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Nov 20 12:31:18 EST 2003

I am about to report this to Bugzilla and begin debugging, but thought
I'd ask if anyone has had a similar experience.

I have a shapefile with 8320 features, all lines.  Rendering this layer,
whether by using the mapserver programs (shp2img, mapserv) or using
MapScript (mapobj.draw(), layerobj.draw()) results in a segmentation
fault.

However, I _can_ iterate over all 8320 shapes in the layer and then draw
using shapeobj.draw(), and this makes me certain that there isn't
anything
wrong with the data.  The shapefile also checks out with OGR and
ArcView.
I've drawn line layers with more features than this using the same
mapserver
build.

I'm unfamiliar with the line and polygon drawing code.  Anyone have a
suggestion
for where I should start looking for the cause of such a segmentation
fault?

thanks,
Sean

--