[Mapserver-dev] polygon outlines with classified layers

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 26 15:37:48 EST 2003

Hi developers,

I have switched to the mapserver-dev list, because it is too technical for
the user list I guess.

If I have 2 classes in my LAYER, what determines whether or not the
outline of a polygon is drawn? So I mean 1 class with outline color (class
A), and another one without outlinecolor (class B). I see in my map that
some parts of the border of class A adjacent to a class B polygon are
drawn with an outline/border, and other parts are not. This can also be
seen in this image which contains more than 2 classes:

http://www.vz.geodan.nl/users/bart/mapserver.png

Also is it possible, to only draw an outline when there is a
border/transition between two classes? If I put on outline in all of my
classes I have the problem that adjacent polygons which belong to the same
class are drawn with an outline in between. In an ideal situation I would
want only to have outline when there is a transition of classes.

Can anybody please comment on this subject? Is this kind of thing possible
with Mapserver?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart