[Mapserver-dev] upcoming 4.0.1 release

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Tue Oct 7 11:20:19 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I checked with Steve and Daniel about making a 4.0.1 release and we
would
like to release thursday.  Here are the additions to the history file:

Version 4.0.1 (2003-10-09)
------------------------

- Fixed problem with cloned mapObj's fontset->filename pointing to the
   original mapObj's fontset->filename

- Fixed error in MapScript zoomRectangle method (bug 449)

- Corrected use of error stack in Python MapScript exception handler

- Fixed memory leaks in MapScript when using mapObj's clone,
   and in methods that return an imageObj

- Fixed double free in SWIG imageObj's free method (bug 393)

- Fixed seg fault with WMS GetFeatureInfo of type text/html

 From looking in the logs, there doesn't appear to be any other work
going on.  Does anyone have any uncommitted work in the 4.0 branch?  If
so,
could you hold off on committing until Steve or Daniel can tag the
files?

Only 51 more bugs to squish in 4.0.  Actually, 5 of these are version
4.0 enhancement requests that could be changed to 4.1, reducing the
4.0 bugs to 46.  Are there any objections to me editing all 4.0 or
unspecified version enhancements to be version 4.1?

thanks,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies