[Mapserver-dev] OGC ServiceExceptions and invalid layers

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Oct 22 12:30:57 EDT 2003

Paul Spencer wrote:

> The desired functionality is to have the various OGC clients to detect a
> ServiceException and push the information onto the error stack for
> presentation to the user, then disable the layer and allow the remaining
> layers to render normally.

Agreed.  We just need to detect XML exceptions (check the MIME type of
the response via libcurl) and pass them through the error stack.

This should have been done for both WMS and WFS XMl exceptions long time
ago...  This was one of the issues that couldn't be dealt with with
libwww and led to the switch to libcurl in 4.0, but when I implemented
the switch to libcurl I forgot to fix the XML exception handling.  My bad.

Can you please file a bug?

  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca