[Mapserver-dev] OGC ServiceExceptions and invalid layers

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Oct 22 13:38:43 EDT 2003

Steve Lime wrote:
> Are you going to add a generic msReturnOGCError function to maperror.c?
> That way all the
> OGC services can use it.

Well, we could do that if there is really a use for such a function (I
thought that returning the exception via the error stack would be
enough).  The main part of the work is to detect exception in what is
returned by remote servers and this would likely end up in mapows.c to
be shared by all OGC web services.  From there we could add
msReturnOGCError(), but what would this function do and where/when would
it be used?

  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca