[Mapserver-dev] MapServer CVS - does it support access via SS H?

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Apr 7 11:01:57 EDT 2004

Daniel,

Not out of the box, no .... But it's easily done though.

The thing is it runs behind Apache 2 using the WebDAV/DeltaV protocols.  Any
and all security you feel like implementing is done via Apache
configuration, including SSL.  You just got to make sure the client supports
SSL as well ... I have to guess the supplied command line client can be
compiled with such support ... I use a Windows client myself (TortoiseSVN,
which is a sibbling to TortoiseCVS), that seems to support it.  There is a
way to use SSH also if you really want that, but with SSL available, why
would you ? :)

The main documentation for subverion is the book, linked off the home page.
Makes for a very good read, even if you're just trying to evaluate it, as
you discover many of it's features and improvements over CVS that way.

Versioned directories ALONE make it a big improvement !

Hope this helps,
J.F.