[Mapserver-dev] Building .exes with DLLs on windows

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 7 19:10:27 EDT 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>>  I have tried locally the mapserv.exe and It seems to run fine.
>>
>>  I have also modified the windows makefile to be able to switch
>> between dll and static modes.
>>
>>  Not sure If I should go ahead and commit the changes. Any thoughts ?
>

> Assefa,
>
> Cool, sounds good.  I think you could commit it, but you might want to
> clear
> it with Daniel as possible release disruption.

I would say go ahead... I don't think an empty #define is going to break
anything on non-windows platforms. And the makefiles do work for you on
windows right?  So they should continue to work for the few other people
that do windows builds.

Actually, if you didn't do that already, could you try to define
MS_DLL_EXPORT only in one place, possibly in map.h, just to avoid having
copies of them all over the place.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca