[Mapserver-dev] mapscript layerObj->bounds property or layerObj->getBounds() method

AARON KONING aaronkoning at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 15 12:58:36 EDT 2004

Hi developers,

Just wondering if there are any plans to include a bounds property for the layerObj class in mapscript?
This would help when creating zoomToActiveLayer and zoomToAllLayers types of functions.
I realize the bounds of a shapefile can be discovered through the shapefileObj class, but their is no method available for determining bounds in other data sources (eg: postgis).
I suppose one could get around this by parsing the connection and data properties of the layerObj, but it would be much nicer to have a bounds property or a getBounds() method to do this.
It would be great to get this into PHP mapscript for v4.2 :D

Hope its okay to e-mail this list. You guys/gals are great!!

Thanks,
Aaron Koning