oracle spatial troubles

Valik Solorzano Barboza valik.solorzano.barboza at GEODAN.NL
Fri Dec 17 11:03:56 EST 2004

Hi Francesco,

I also had some problems with mapserver 4.4.0 and Oracle and I could solve
them by doing the following changes in maporaclespatial.c:

In function msOracleSpatialLayerClose

I put the following lines in comments because I see that msOCIClearLayerInfo
still needs the connection

/*    if (layer->debug)
      msDebug("msOracleSpatialLayerClose. Cleaning Oracle handlers.\n");

    msConnPoolRelease( layer, layerinfo->orahandlers );
    layerinfo->orahandlers = NULL;
*/
    if (layer->debug)
      msDebug("msOracleSpatialLayerClose. Cleaning layerinfo handlers.\n");

    msOCIClearLayerInfo( layerinfo );

    if (layer->debug)
      msDebug("msOracleSpatialLayerClose. Cleaning Oracle handlers.\n");

    msConnPoolRelease( layer, layerinfo->orahandlers );
    layerinfo->orahandlers = NULL;

Could you also check if this changes does not affect the Linux (*nix)
implementations? I did check this changes in Windows XP, Windows 2003 and
Windows 2000 using Oracle Client 9.2 and connecting to a Oracle 10G
database.

Cheers,

Valik Solórzano Barboza