MapServer Enhancement Proposal #1134

Fri Dec 17 11:56:39 EST 2004

I was lobbying for a quick 4.4.1 actually... I considered the spacing
issue to be a bug as opposed to a new feature.

I like Franks idea of development milestone releases, perhaps once new
major additions (Python expressions) are added.

Steve

On Dec 16, 2004, at 10:56 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:53:52 -0600, Steve Lime
> <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
>> I gotta side with Dan on this one, at least until the user meeting.
If
>> we're ready sooner then great, but a 4.6 release around May/June
would
>> be great.
>
> Guys,
>
> As a member of the old fogeys club I am inclined to feel the same -
> that
> a 4.6 release in the area of May would be most wise.
>
> However, I would encourage those looking for interim snapshots to
> produce a semi-official 4.5 rev or two. These would not have all the
> trappings of a full release (such as a new documentation set) but
> could still be preceeded by a short settling down time, and a formal
> release number and CVS tag (though I don't think they would deserve
> a branch).

OK.

Steve, I had remembered that you were lobbying for a quick 4.6 to get
the hatching stuff out, but if you've changed your mind I am clearly
in
the minority.

Frank, I will do something like this for 4.5.  Just a heads up to
everyone that I'm going to be finished by Feb 1.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies