[Mapserver-dev] Maptemplate->processLine

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 3 15:33:37 EST 2004

Nobody has spoken up, so I assume there are no objections. I'll admit
though that I'm not positive what you're up to. That said the templating
is really ugly so any improvement is a good thing.

Steve

>>> Ned Harding <nharding at extendthereach.com> 2/2/2004 5:45:30 PM >>>
All,

Since I'm new at working in the MapServer code base, I wanted to run a
proposed change by the list and make sure no one has any issues.

The way I am using MapServer I want to get access to the variables in
the
MapServer template that are currently expanded in processLine.  I am
planning to spilt this into 2 functions:

1) msGetTemplateVariables which will get the variables into the
mapservObj
in new variables similar to ParamNames, ParamValues and NumParams

2) processLine will then call msGetTemplateVariables if the variables
are
not available and then proceed similarly as before.

This will allow me access to those variables without using a template
and
should make processLine more efficient at the same time.

Thanks,

Ned Harding
Chief Technology Officer
SRC - Extending the Reach of Micromarketing
3825 Iris Ave Suite 150
Boulder, CO 80303
(303) 440-8896 x104

http://www.extendthereach.com