[Mapserver-dev] tolower() defined in mappostgis.c

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 4 14:44:54 EST 2004

Dave,

I get an error when trying to build the latest mappostgis.c from CVS
HEAD on Linux.  The problem is with the local definition of tolower():

#if !defined(_WIN32)
char tolower(char c)
{
	if ((c <'A') || (c>'Z'))
		return c;
	return c-'A'+'a';

}
#endif

'tolower' is already defined (as a macro I believe) in ctype.h and this
causes a compile error.  I have replaced this definiton by a #include
<ctype.h> since we have that in a few other places in mapserver and that
never caused any problems on any platform.  Please let me know if you
expect any problem with that change.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca