[Mapserver-dev] MapServer and AIX

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Feb 5 21:34:28 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with porting applications to AIX?  We need
to prepare MapServer binaries for AIX 4.3.3 for a client and I am
interested in hearing about binary compatibility between various
versions of AIX (5.1 vs 4.3.3) and various processor architectures. AIX
is new territory for me, so any information I can get would be apreciated.

Also, if anyone has an old RS/6000 for sale, knows of some organization
who does, or could offer an account on an AIX 4.3.3 system then that
could help too.

Thanks in advance

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca