[Mapserver-dev] WFS interoperability issues

Rob Atkinson rob at socialchange.net.au
Thu Feb 12 22:41:50 EST 2004

Thanks very much Bart

> I am using a different binary version and the POST request works
> perfectly.

For me it responds with (an improperly formatted) error message:

    "    POST body is short"

possibly because I do not set the Content-length property in the POST.
It works on every other HTTP POST base Web service  implementation I've
seen however. (And no - I really dont want to serialise my XML again
just to see how big it is)

> You can download a CVS binary from 2 February 2004 at:
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~bartvde/mapserv_41.exe

thanks for this.  Seems to behave the same FYI

> With respect to the MAP file parameter, just use it in the URL to
> which you post. E.g. in my test I post to:
> http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/general/map/gemeentes.map

To my mind this is rather mixing GET and POST - but I'd be happy to be
proved wrong

it may be more legal to do this

http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe/ms4w/apps/general/map/gemeentes.map