[Mapserver-dev] Problem building from CVS...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Feb 13 01:36:08 EST 2004

Configure now runs all the way through so the change you made worked.
There's still something goofy though. Including GDAL blows up when I run
make. The reason looks to be that -ltiff is included when compiling the
executables. If I add that by hand then it works. Make any sense?

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> And more, the section to set the location of libjpeg is no longer run
> before the gd code in configure.in. Looks like the GD test can never
> succeed if GD was built with jpeg support.

Steve,

OK, I think I have this fixed.   As things are currently, by default I
believe libjpeg will be linked in if available, but -DUSE_JPEG (which
determines if it is used for reading jpeg files in raster rendering)
will
not appear if GDAL is enabled.  I don't have a gd build statically lnked
against libjpeg so it is hard to be sure I got stuff right.

I would note, I also had to fiddle with the logic that checks on Apache
2.0
for stderr/logging issues.  There were a number of problems with it that
resulted in errors at runtime.

I hate configure work!

warmerdam at pobox.com