[Mapserver-dev] dual embedded scale bar??

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 17 18:45:12 EST 2004

With CGI, no. You'd need MapScript. I'd create the images seperately
first
and then paste them in the image somehow, perhaps using inline
features.
That's essentially how the embedded scalebars work now anyway. Fixing
up the CGI/libmap.a to do this would be harder. If needed I would
suggest
the following approach:

  - add a second units parameter to the scalebar object (or do
something like
    UNITS miles kilometers)
  - add a new style (STYLE=2) to mapscale.c to use the multiple units

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> 2/15/2004 3:02:54 PM >>>
Hi all,

Is it possible to create a dual (mi, km) embedded scale bars like
MapQuest and Rand McNally using mapserver.  They both use bars with a
reference distance after them like:

######### 1500 ft

or