[Mapserver-dev] Proposal for mapscript documentation using Restructured text

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 18 23:54:09 EST 2004

Sean Gillies wrote:

> Are you talking about merging the SWIG and PHP mapscript documentation?
>  It might
> be premature since the modules aren't truly merged yet.  There are
> exclusive
> functions in each and differently named functions and classes ... much
> yet to do.
>
> I do think that new SWIG mapscript documentation will borrow heavily from
> the PHP readme but should be documentation of the module as it currently
> stands.

Yes, I was suggesting that we merge the SWIG and PHP docs. I realize
that this merge of the docs may be a bit premature, but since I was the
one who brought up the documentation issue in the first place I couldn't
really just sit back and keep PHP as a separate beast after advocating
against having 4 or 6 separate sets of docs.

Anyway, either way is good for me, as long as we have a mechanism for
developers to maintain SWIG docs. :)  I'm willing to work with you (and
the rest of the group) if you want to merge PHP docs with the SWIG docs
now, but in order to facilitate things we may be better concentrating
only on the SWIG stuff for now as you suggest, and merging with PHP only
down the road once the SWIG stuff is in good shape.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca