[Mapserver-dev] Question about basic authentication in a WMS connection

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Fri Feb 27 15:28:58 EST 2004

Hi all, I've run into a nasty bug with a WMS client connection.  I'm
digging
into the code right now, but am hoping that one of the WMS developers
will
have some suggestions for me.

Problem is that with the CVS mapserver a WMS layer with a connection
like

     CONNECTION "http://user:passwd@host/servlet?&foo=bar"

is falling all the way through the logic in msDrawLayer to the point
where
we try to draw it using drawEPPL().  Any reasons why this connection
wouldn't work?

Here is a layer that works for me

   LAYER
     NAME "aerial"
     TYPE RASTER
     STATUS ON
     CONNECTION "http://terraservice.net/ogcmap.ashx"
     CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
     METADATA
       "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"
       "wms_name" "DOQ"
       "wms_style" ""
       "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
       "wms_format" "image/jpeg"
       "wms_connectiontimeout" "60"
     END
     PROJECTION
       "init=EPSG:4326"
     END
   END

And this layer (service's name has been changed to protect the innocent
:)
fails

   LAYER
     NAME "aerial"