[Mapserver-dev] Re: Rendering engine enhancements

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 21 11:27:37 EDT 2004

I mis-spoke. PIXMAP symbol rescaling is supported, rotation is not.
Sorry for the confusion.

Steve

>>> "ANDY CANFIELD" <andy_canfield at hotmail.com> 7/19/2004 5:15:36 PM

Ok you lost me in this dialog. So does that mean rotating PIXMAP
symbols is
supported? If so do they have a rotation property or how do you set
their
rotation? Can it be done per symbol on the fly or is it a rotation for
all
symbols on that layer?
Thanks,
Andy

>From: "Steve Lime" <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>
>To: <dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca>
>CC: <arnulf.christl at ccgis.de>, <Mapserver-dev at lists.gis.umn.edu>,

><j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl>
>Subject: Re: [Mapserver-dev] Re: Rendering engine enhancements
>Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:58:47 -0500
>
>We chatted with Arnulf outside the last session at MUM. Frank drew
some
>pictures in a notebook and I promptly slapped my forehead...
>
>Steve

PM

>Steve Lime wrote:
> > I think it's a good idea but I think we still need both. MapServer
> > vector symbols are turned into
> > bitmaps on-the-fly and then used as tiled fill (or brush).
>Consequently
> > (as Frank pointed out) only a few
> > hatching patterns are possible using this scheme.
>
>Is the problem only related to the white corners you would get when
>rotating the symbol or is there something else I didn't think of.
When