[Mapserver-dev] Is there an issue in the tracker regarding new work on msImageCreate?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 29 05:42:11 EDT 2004

I guess I'll use this thread as an excuse to remind *all* developers
that we are trying to make use of bugzilla to track *all* changes to the
code, the reasons behind the change, and any related discussions, etc.
That includes small changes like this one. Then when you commit to CVS
you refer to the bug number in your change comment, and if later on
something breaks it is easier to track down why things were changed, and
to make a fix that will remain compatible with the original intentions.
That also makes all our lives easier in updating the HISTORY.TXT since
we can just refer to the bug number instead of writing a long
explanation about a change.

Anyone whose code may be affected by a given change should also be CC'd
on the bug.

This may seem like unnecessary overhead, but as the number of people
with CVS commit access increases, that's the only way to make sure we
keep track of changes.

Actually, I also wanted proposed before that all bug email notifications
go to a mailing list or an alias somewhere, but we didn't get consensus
on that one.

Daniel