[Mapserver-dev] Is there an issue in the tracker regarding new work on msImageCreate?

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Thu Jul 29 11:08:49 EDT 2004

Daniel Morissette writes:
> Norman Vine wrote:
> > Daniel Morissette writes:
> >
> >>Actually, I also wanted proposed before that all bug email notifications
> >>go to a mailing list or an alias somewhere, but we didn't get consensus
> >>on that one.
> >

> > I have found that having CVS itself send an email on every commit to a
> > dedicated mailing list a very effective way to monitor changes.
> >

> Yup, fully agreed. We do it to track changes to some of our projects
> like chameleon and a few others. It's as simple as adding the following
> line to the CVSROOT/loginfo:
>
> ^mapserver  mail -s "[mapserver-cvs] "%s someaddress at somedomain.com
>
> (It's important to not add any space or quotes around the %s above)
>
> Perhaps a new mapserver-cvs list could be created, and this could be
> added to the CVS repository?

note the syncmail script can send a more sophisticated message then
just the default  'check in comment'

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cvs-syncmail/syncmail?download

note this is the default CVS checkin notification script used on all
SourceForge projects and as such is 'familiar' and *well* tested

Cheers

Norman