[Mapserver-dev] RE: MapServer Documentation Update

kgeurts kgeurts at gis.umn.edu
Tue Jun 1 16:41:11 EDT 2004

Hello MapServer Documentation Authors,

The release of the MapServer version 4.2 code has occurred! With this
release comes the need to update the MapServer documentation. We are hoping
you can take the time to review your document and make the necessary
changes so it is compatible with the version 4.2 code. We are asking each
author to do the following:

 - Make any necessary changes to your document to ensure it is compatible
with
   the 4.2 code.
 - Include the version number 4.2 in the title of the document.
 - Add a history revision section to your document.
 - Commit the document to the 4.2 CVS branch.

The 4.2 branch has been created for the mapserver_docs tree. The branch is
called "branch-4-2", so you can commit or checkout a new set of 4.2 files
using:

   cvs -d :pserver:...... checkout -r branch-4-2 mapserver_docs

or you could do the following on an existing CVS tree to update it to 4.2:

   cvs update -r branch-4-2

After authors have made the changes above and documents have been committed
to the 4.2 branch the MDP website and automatic update script will be
changed. Only documents that have been stated by the author to be
compatible with version 4.2 will be put on the main MDP webpage. There will
be a link to old versions from the main page.

The automatic update script will then be for the 4.2 stable version and the
main branch will be the development version. If you make changes to your
4.0 or older documents you will need to contact me so I can update these
manually.

Thanks very much for your attention to this.

Kari A. Geurts

MDP Coordinator
Department of Forest Resources
University of Minnesota