[Mapserver-dev] Any experience with SQL Relay?

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji at divestco.com
Fri Jun 18 12:44:28 EDT 2004

Hi Sean,

Before you go to far with SQL Relay, here is an interesting note that I came across in the FAQs.

Does SQL Relay support XXX's specific features?

Database   Queries Bind Variables Procedural Language Auto-Commit
PostgreSQL Yes     Scalar Input   No                  No

Now I'm no PostGIS guru but I'm pretty sure that it makes heavy use of plpgsql (procedural language for Postgres).
If that is the case, then SQL relay would be out of the question because it does not support Procedural Language for postgres.

I hope that kind of makes sense. Here is the link to their FAQ:
http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/sqlrelay/faq.html#features

Zamil