[Mapserver-dev] change to mapservers hash tables

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Tue Jun 22 19:51:17 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I recently finished work to expose Map, Layer, and Class
metadata in SWIG mapscript as instances of a new hash table
class.  This required changing mapserver's hash table from

   typedef struct hashObj ** hashTableObj;

   typedef struct {
       struct hashObj **items;  /* the hash table */
       int              numitems;  /* number of items */
   } hashTableObj;

Accordingly, I've changed the several hash table functions.
See maphash.h for the new prototypes.  The only real change
is that the functions now take a reference to hashTableObj.

I've combed through the entire code and think I've found
every occurrence.  Tested it well and there shouldn't be
any problems, but if you run into any hash table related
problems let me know right away and I'll make sure it gets
fixed immediately.

cheers,
Sean