[Mapserver-dev] Re:WMS Problems...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 17 14:33:26 EST 2004

Steve Lime wrote:
> But how to specify which one via WMS? All that gets advertised is a
> mime-type. I've
> tested with WMS, with two defs you only see one image/tiff in the
> GetCapabilties
> document. I've no idea what definition actually gets used to produce
> the output
> file.

Steve,

I just wanted to confirm that I was able to have two different PNG variations
configured on a server and select on them based on different mime types.

In the .map file I have:

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME png
   DRIVER "GD/PNG"
   IMAGEMODE PC256
   TRANSPARENT OFF
END

OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME png24
   DRIVER "GD/PNG"
   IMAGEMODE RGBA
   MIMETYPE "image/png;depth=24"
END

And in the WMS 1.1 request I just included FORMAT=image/png;depth=24 to get
the second or FORMAT=image/png to get the first.  They both showed up distinctly
in the WMS capabilities document.

Now, I don't think I am using the right syntax for the parameters.  You will
have to dig up the other email on the topic to get the details on the suggested
mime type format.