[Mapserver-dev] RE: Working PHP Mapscript module produced with SWiG?!

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 12:51:07 EST 2004

Hi Paul,

I've had a look at the generated wrapper script and it looks as if there
is special code to detect whether a class member is an object or not and
to behave accordingly - something to do with PHP being weakly-typed. It
could be that before this was fixed, it was the cause of the problems
you were experiencing....

> Good news!
>
> Is there an implication here that it might be possible to
> compile a php
> version of mapscript without the php source tree now? This could make
> rpm'i'fication of a swig'ed php mapscript much more straightforward.
>
> P.

Just checked on RedHat 7.3, the php-devel package contains everything
needed to compile PHP mapscript. So I guess anything newer than this
should be OK :)

Cheers,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.