FW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] getting raster value

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Nov 1 11:55:36 EST 2004

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> This functionality would be great to be put into mapwms.c for OGC:WMS
> GetFeatureInfo, for querying rasters.  How feasible/difficult would this
> be to implement?

Tom,

Looking through the code it looks like it might possibly work now.  I would
encourage you to try it, and if it doesn't work file a bug.  It might only
be a small bit of work to get it going before 4.4 final release.

The raster query support tries to look like any other query to the higher
level of the application.