Please edit quoted email in replies

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Nov 9 11:49:26 EST 2004

<rant>
Guys,

Would it be possible to edit the quoted emails when you reply to a list
to keep only the relevant parts and reply inline? I find it really
annoying to have to scroll down 250 lines of quoted stuff to find a 2
lines reply to a long thread (I'm not making this up: some replies on
this list contained 250-300 lines of quoted contents this morning). Even
worse than that is a 2 lines reply halfway in 250 lines of quoted contents.

Replying at the top and leaving all the quoted emails at the bottom
isn't as bad, but we still have to dig in the quoted history to find out
what your "I agree" or your comment relates to (IMHO, inline replies
with proper editing is still best).

If you believe your comments and opinions are worth reading then I think
you should spend a few seconds making sure we'll be able to quickly find
them and make sense of them.

Thanks in advance
</rant>

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca