[Fwd: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] single classed layers and GetLegendGraphic]

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Nov 9 21:25:07 EST 2004

> As I wrote already, I agree that this may be a valid
> interpretation, and
> that was our initial interpretation of the spec. However the spec is
> vague on this and in bug 653 it was requested that we align
> MapServer's
> behavior with other (prior) implementations (cubeserv) so
> that clients
> can better interoperate.

Here are my CubeSERV observations:

CubeSERV OGC:WMS 1.1.1 GetLegendGraphic requests:

This is a layer with multiple classes:

http://ceoware2.ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca/cubewerx/cubeserv/cubeserv.cgi?service=
WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetLegendGraphic&layer=CANADNAODA_L%3ACEOWARE2
&format=image/png

This is a layer with a single class (i.e. all point symbols are the
same)

http://ceoware2.ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca/cubewerx/cubeserv/cubeserv.cgi?version=
1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetLegendGraphic&layer=GCDB_INDEX:CEOWARE2&for
mat=image/png

The layer title does not show up as part of the image.  This is default
behaviour.

Here is the same layer (single class) with the layer name embedded in
image via 'GetLegend'

http://ceoware2.ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca/cubewerx/cubeserv/cubeserv.cgi?version=
1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetLegend&layers=GCDB_INDEX:CEOWARE2&format=im
age/png

Here are both layers in a GetLegend:

http://ceoware2.ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca/cubewerx/cubeserv/cubeserv.cgi?version=
1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetLegend&layers=GCDB_INDEX:CEOWARE2,CANADNAOD
A_L:CEOWARE2&format=image/png

..Tom