mapserver and XML status?

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Nov 12 13:27:46 EST 2004

Hi,

end of last year Sean Gillies started something on the Wiki, but AFAIK it
never got off the ground:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MapScriptXMLDataModelProjectProposal

In the OGC world (WMS,WFS,WCS) SOAP is slowly starting to become
incorporated, Ionic, a company from Belgium has written SOAP wrappers for
all the major OGC protocols, during the OWS-2 (OpenGIS Web Services)
testbed.

Best regards,
Bart