Handling special characters

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Nov 19 16:15:21 EST 2004

Palanisamy, Giri wrote:
> The numbers (ñ) also just displayed as numbers, didn't convert it to special characters!

Displayed as "ñ" or as garbage? If you got garbage then it might be
that your TTF font doesn't include this character or is in a different
encoding (in which case the new iconv stuff from bug 858 may help).

If you get "ñ" as output then I'd suggest that you file a bug with
a *complete* testcase to reproduce (mapfile, data, etc.).

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca