win32 MapServer builds

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Nov 23 14:11:20 EST 2004

Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
> Frank,
>
>  I have no objection to the modifications you suggested. The easiest
> the better.
> The only thing that surprised me was that pre-built GD makes things
> easier : I tried it once and Mapserver did not build properly but I know
> some are using it regularly with no problem. I am also worried about
> library conflict (PNG, JPEG) with the pre-build GD when building
> mapserver with GDAL but then again this not the default setting and can
> be adressed with local gd builds.

Assefa,

There don't seem to be any conflicts due to the libpng and libjpeg inside
bgd.dll since they don't export any of the entry points.  Of course, it does
mean things can be bigger if there is a duplicate copy in GDAL.

I will take this as permission to do some hacking over the next couple of days
on the windows build.

Thanks!