Should WMS require PROJ.4?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 27 12:32:56 EST 2004

Folks,

Should WMS Server mode require PROJ.4?  I see currently it is
required in msOWSPrintLatLongBoundingBox while preparing the
capabilities.  Is there any other requirement?

I am trying to test out what options I can enable with a bare bones
build of MapServer using only the binary GD build (and regex-12) on
windows.   I had thought it would be nice to be able to enable WMS.

Is LatLongBoundingBox a required element in WMS capabilities
documents?