Time to close the wiki?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Nov 29 11:35:27 EST 2004

Sean / Steve,

Wiki spam would appear to be the new plague.  I do think we need to do something
or the wiki will just degrade further and further.  I don't think it is enough
to manually regress wiki pages everytime they are defaced, as it will only get
worse.

If UMN would be willing to lock some ip ranges out that might help bring things
back to managable, but it seems this will be a very "leaky" defense.  Moving
the wiki to another url might also defeat the defaces for a while.  Going
to a fully moderated system sucks because you lose the main benefit of a wiki
- that anyone can update it.  But perhaps that is where we end up.

So, who is responsible for the wiki?  Kari?  Who can modify the configuration
information to try and defend it?

I have taken the liberty of cc:ing Kari as I am not sure that she is on the
-dev list.