Ready for final 4.4.0 release?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Nov 29 14:02:50 EST 2004

Steve Lime wrote:
> I've got one more minor, but important change to make. It has to do with
> keeping the distance between hatch lines constant regardless of angle.
> Could we hold off until tomorrow morning?

Um... I'd be tempted to say yes, but last minute changes like that often
lead to problems and more delays (that's happened too many times in the
past). Since this is a minor problem that's not preventing the software
from working, could it wait for 4.4.1? We could have a 4.4.1 within a
few weeks.

> I would vote for a 4.6 before a 5.0...

4.6 seems to be the consensus, and I like Frank's suggestion of a 4.6
release within 4-6 months. How about we aim for end of March for feature
freeze, followed by betas over a 6 weeks period like we did this for
4.4? That would give a final release mid-May.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca