Ready for final 4.4.0 release?

Steve Lime steve.lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US
Mon Nov 29 13:30:04 EST 2004

I've got one more minor, but important change to make. It has to do with
keeping the distance between hatch lines constant regardless of angle.
Could we hold off until tomorrow morning?

I would vote for a 4.6 before a 5.0...


>>> Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA> 11/29/2004 9:56:24
AM >>>

I looked at the list of fixes/changes since 4.4.0-beta3 in the
HISTORY.TXT and don't see anything too major. Is anyone currently
working on something that should be considered a blocker for the
release? If not then I'd like to release 4.4.0 this afternoon.

I am well aware that there are still some bugs that are left open in
bugzilla. However I'm not aware of any "real" blocker bugs as in
software crashes, they are more issues or annoyances that have not
fixed and that I think can wait... keep in mind that there will always
be a time for 4.4.1 and 4.6 for those.

BTW, talking of the next step: should it be 4.6 or 5.0? Since I'm not
aware of any major architectural change in the plans for the next
release, I guess it could be 4.6, but if anyone feels strongly about
moving to 5.0 then let's have a discussion on this.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at
  DM Solutions Group    

More information about the mapserver-dev mailing list