[Mapserver-dev] ready for 4.2.4

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Wed Oct 6 13:35:32 EDT 2004

Hi all,

The work I wanted to complete before a 4.2.4 release is done.  My unit
tests
pass and are leak free.  This doesn't mean that the software is 100%
leak free,
but it no longer leaks memory when exiting from common error states.

I don't have any idea what others are using for regression tests, but
will
you run them and see if they pass?

Below is an excerpt from HISTORY.TXT showing changes since 4.2.3.  I'd
also
like to include with this release a file that describes known bugs.
According to Bugzilla, there are 32 unresolved bugs in the 4.2 version.
Of these, only 7 have been assigned.  The rest remain with status "New".
I'm not trying to pick on anybody, but if we all acted a bit more
quickly
to change status to "Assigned" or "Unconfirmed", it would be a lot
easier
to enumerate the known bugs in mapserver.  I have a suggestion on this
in
another email.

cheers,
Sean

Version 4.2.4
--------------------------

- Various fixes allowing unit tests to run leak free under valgrind on
   i686.  Memory is now properly freed when exiting from common error
   states (bug 927).

- Restored ability to render transparent (indexed or alpha) pixmap
symbols
   on RGB map images, including annotation layers and embedded scalebars.
   This feature remains OFF by default for map layers and is enabled by
   specifying TRANSPARENCY ALPHA (bugs 926, 490).

- New and improved Java mapscript build provided by
unicoletti at prometeo.it,
   and examples contributed by Y.K. Choo (bug 876).

- Fixed bug 863: Output MapContext parameters (SRS and DataURL) in the
order
   required by the spec.

- searchImageCache() in mapgd.c now checks all three style colors before
   using a cached brush image (bug 868).

- Fixed bug 857: Fix msDecodeHTMLEntities to not skip characters after
each
   decoding.

- Fixed bug 834: SE_ROW_ID in SDE not initialized for unregistered SDE
tables

--
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii dot com