[Mapserver-dev] Bug status needs attention

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Oct 6 17:05:35 EDT 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I would leave it NEW - but then I really would mean I am ignoring it.  :-)

Um... I don't think that's what Sean had in mind.

>> So I'd be happy to review and mark bugs assigned ASAP, as long as the
>> developer is also required to provide a quick analysis and ETA as he
>> accepts it.
>

> Well, we know that not many of are "required" to do anything.  I certainly
> go through phases when I don't spend any time on MapServer related work
> because I am very busy on non-MapServer issues.

True. We have to recognize that most contributors are volounteers and/or
can be very busy on other stuff at times. I am in that boat as well,
that's why I probably have more bugs untouched (in NEW state) than
anyone else.

But if we require that bugs be set to ASSIGNED or something else as you
and Sean were saying then we *do* require something fromall developers.
I didn't bring up this idea in the first place, I just added an extra
requirement on top of yours to reduce the user's frustration (quick
analysis and ETA when you accept a bug).

Let's see how Sean sees things. He's the one who started this thread
after all.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca