[Mapserver-dev] mapwms.c time support addition

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Oct 12 12:16:43 EDT 2004

You are too fast :)  Changes are made according to your comments. We are
doing the QA this week as well as an how to . I will send you the how to
when it is complete so you can review/comment.

About the multipleValue, I have removed it but It is weird that the DTD
does not have it. It is mentionned in wms1.1.1 specs section Annexe C3 :
<Extent name="dimension_name" default="default_value"
multipleValues="0|1" nearestValue="0|1">
extent_value</Extent>

Later,

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

> Assefa,
>
> I noticed you added this when I checked out CVS -- yahoo!
>
> I gave this a try, by adding "wms_timeextent" and "wms_timedefault" to
> LAYER metadata in my mapfile.
>
> So far so good.
>
> When I issue
> http://localhost/mswms?version=1.1.1&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities
> , one can see the Dimension and Extent elements, however the XML
> document is no valid.  This is what comes back, relative to Dimension
> and Extent:
>
> <Dimension name="time" units="ISO8601">
> <Extent name="time" default="some_timedefault" multipleValues="1"
> nearestValue="0">some_timeextent</Extent>
>
> Issues:
>
> 1./ Dimension should be a closed, empty element, i.e.:
>
> <Dimension name="time" units="ISO8601"/>
>
> 2./ in Extent, @multipleValues is not a part of the WMS 1.1.1 DTD.
> Extent should look like:
>
> <Extent name="time" default="some_timedefault"
> nearestValue="0">some_timeextent</Extent>
>
> Committing these two changes results in a valid WMS 1.1.1
> GetCapabilities response.  See below for DTD def summary:
>
> Cheers
>
> ..Tom
>

> http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/WMS_MS_Capabilities.dtd defines
> Dimension and Extent as follows:
>
> <!ELEMENT Dimension EMPTY >
> <!ATTLIST Dimension
>           name CDATA #REQUIRED
>           units CDATA #REQUIRED
>           unitSymbol CDATA #IMPLIED>
>
> <!-- The Extent element indicates what _values_ along a dimension are
> valid. -->
> <!ELEMENT Extent (#PCDATA) >
> <!ATTLIST Extent
>           name CDATA #REQUIRED