[Mapserver-dev] IMPORTANT - host site for mapserver-dev to change

Thomas E Burk teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Tue Oct 19 13:25:12 EDT 2004

You will soon need to resubscribe to this mailing list to continue your
participation.

On October 31, 2004 at 22:00 (10:00PM) U.S. Central Daylight time (GMT -5:00)
we will close down the existing mapserver-dev (at lists.gis.umn.edu) e-mail
list. If you wish to continue participating on the list you will need to
resubscribe. You can do that _after October 31, 2004_ by going to
<http://lists.umn.edu/archives/mapserver-dev.html>. At that time there will be
a link to 'Join or leave the list' where you can fill out a form.

The new list will be run by a group which offers listserv capability as part
of their mission. It should be a positive change.

One major change we are making is to restrict access to the archives; the new
archives will only be accessible to subscribers via a login. The first time
you use the archives (search or browse) you will be asked to setup a password.
You must use the same login e-mail that you subscribed to the list with --
only list members can view or search the archives. The is a 'no mail'
subscription option for people who don't want e-mail sent to them (only wish
to use the archive). Initially the old (which will still be available) and new
archives WILL NOT be a single archive. That will change (as will access).

The Support page on the MapServer Web site will be updated with this new
information (on October 31, 2004) as well.

We hope you will continue to participate in mapserver-users and appreciate
your understanding.

Tom