[Mapserver-dev] Header update

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 21 09:14:53 EDT 2004

Folks,

OK, I have made a grueling pass through most of the main mapserver directory
code adding standardish headers that look somewhat like what is below.

A few notes:
  o I relicensed all files under my own copyright to be held by the Regents
    of U of M.
  o I used "Author: Steve Lime and the MapServer team" when I wasn't immediately
    aware of another primary author.  If I have set the author in error in a
    file you feel you authored, feel free to fix it.
  o If a file already had decent headers, I mostly left things the same, except
    for adding the MS_CVSID() macro.
  o I didn't change the copyright message on any file that already had one.  But
    I used the standard U of M message for any file without a message, including
    some I know to have been authored by folks outside U of M.  If you authored a
    file and want to hold the copyright personally (or corporately), just fix
    it up ... but don't wait too long to do so.
  o I ignored a few file - autogenerated ones and ones copied from other sources
    and unlikely to be under maintenance.
  o I tried to set meaningful "Purpose" messages for each file, but I obviously
    don't know what every file is for, so some of them are lame or inaccurate.
    Feel free to correct.

/******************************************************************************
  *
  * Project:  MapServer
  * Purpose:  High level msDrawMap() implementation and related functions.
  * Author:   Steve Lime and the MapServer team.
  *
  * Copyright (c) 1996-2004 Regents of the University of Minnesota.
  *
  * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
  * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
  * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
  * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
  * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
  * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
  *
  * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
  * all copies of this Software or works derived from this Software.
  *
  * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS
  * OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
  * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
  * THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
  * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
  * FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
  * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
  *
  * $Log: mapdraw.c,v $
  * Revision 1.76  2004/10/21 04:30:55  frank
  * Added standardized headers.  Added MS_CVSID().
  *
  */

#include <assert.h>
#include "map.h"
#include "maptime.h"

MS_CVSID("$Id: mapdraw.c,v 1.76 2004/10/21 04:30:55 frank Exp $")

Finally, I would like to note I got 85 CVS commits out of this effort.  When
we all die, and the programmer gods count our CVS commits to see who gets
alpha geek bragging rights, I will have moved up a few places in the MapServer
pantheon this day :-)   MapServer isn't as "small" as it used to be!