[Mapserver-dev] single CLASS layers giving back layer title on GetLegendGraphic output

Valik Valik
Fri Oct 22 04:20:40 EDT 2004

--=====================_4198336==.ALT

Tom,

I imagine you are refering to bug 653. The behaviour is as follows:

If a GetLegendgraphic request does not provide a RULE parameter then all the
layers are set to status OFF except the layer specified in the LAYER request
parameter. The legend is drawn for this particular LAYER and if the SCALE=20
parameter is also provided
some extra calculations have to be performed to determine whether the=20
legend should be drawn at the provided SCALE because the LAYER could have=20
MINSCALE/MAXSCALE set in the mapfile

In some cases we would like to have as part of the legend also the=20
name/description of the LAYER (see bug 732). But this feature is not yet=20
implemented.

Cheers,

Valik
At 22:21 21/10/2004, Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have one CLASS object for a layer in my mapfile:
>
>   CLASS
>    NAME "Watershed Polygons, Ontario"
>    SYMBOL 0
>    COLOR -1 -1 -1
>    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 200
>   END
>
>Using CVS, this is what I get back if I request GetLegendGraphic:
>
>http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/ecows?service=3DWMS&version=3D1.1.1&r=
>quest=3DGetLegendGraphic&layer=3Dhydroshedg&format=3Dimage/png
>
>I thought the "multiple CLASS" GetLegendGraphic bug took care of this,
>i.e. if one CLASS, then don't print title, if multiple CLASSES, prints
>CLASS NAME as text.
>
>Cheers
>
>..Tom

Drs. Valik Sol=F3rzano Barboza
Geodan SDT b.v.
President Kennedylaan 1
1079 MB Amsterdam (NL)
-------------------------------------
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 5711 311
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 5711 333
-------------------------------------
E-mail: valik.solorzano.barboza at geodan.nl
Website: www.geodan.nl
Disclaimer: www.geodan.nl/disclaimer
------------------------------------- =20
--=====================_4198336==.ALT

Tom,<br><br>
I imagine you are refering to bug 653. The behaviour is as
follows:<br><br>
<pre>If a GetLegendgraphic request does not provide a RULE parameter then
all the
layers are set to status OFF except the layer specified in the LAYER
request
parameter. The legend is drawn for this particular LAYER and if the SCALE
parameter is also provided
some extra calculations have to be performed to determine whether the
legend should be drawn at the provided SCALE because the LAYER could have
MINSCALE/MAXSCALE set in the mapfile

</pre><font face=3D"Courier New, Courier">In some cases we would like to
have as part of the legend also the name/description of the LAYER (see
bug 732). But this feature is not yet implemented.<br><br>
Cheers,<br><br>
Valik<br>
I have one CLASS object for a layer in my mapfile:<br><br>
&nbsp; CLASS<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; NAME &quot;Watershed Polygons, Ontario&quot;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; SYMBOL 0<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; COLOR -1 -1 -1<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 200<br>
&nbsp; END<br><br>
Using CVS, this is what I get back if I request
GetLegendGraphic:<br><br>
<a=
 href=3D"http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/ecows?service=3DWMS&amp;versi=
on=3D1.1.1&amp;re"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/ecows?service=3DWM=
S&amp;version=3D1.1.1&amp;re</a><br>
quest=3DGetLegendGraphic&amp;layer=3Dhydroshedg&amp;format=3Dimage/png<br><b=
r>
I thought the &quot;multiple CLASS&quot; GetLegendGraphic bug took care
of this,<br>
i.e. if one CLASS, then don't print title, if multiple CLASSES,
prints<br>
CLASS NAME as text.<br><br>
Cheers<br><br>
..Tom<br><br>