[Mapserver-dev] MapServer 4.4.0-beta1

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 22 00:39:41 EDT 2004

Hi,

MapServer 4.4.0-beta1 is ready to be released, I have tested it at my
end and things seem fine, but I would like more developers to give it a
quick run with their favourite configuration or testsuite before we
announce it to the users list.

To get the beta sources, please use 'cvs update -r rel-4-4-0-beta1'.
Once I've got a few more confirmations that things build and work fine
on various platforms then I'll announce the beta to the users list.

There are still several issues/bugs being worked on, but the software is
in very good shape and ready for power users to start playing with the
new features and report any issues they may find. We have done a feature
freeze a few days ago, so there will be no more new developments before
4.4.0, just fixes.

For more details on the release plan see the wiki at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ReleasePlan44

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca