[Mapserver-dev] configure script problems with multiple GD

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Oct 25 13:45:42 EDT 2004

Users continue to report problems with the configure script
not picking up their own local installations of GD.  After
looking in configure.in, I'm not sure that GD_LIBDIR is
being properly set before we use AC_CHECK_LIB to look for
gdImageSetAntialias (test for GD version > 2.0.12), or that
adding -L$GD_LIBDIR will work to push the user-configured
GD location ahead of other system GD installations.

I'm also not experienced enough with autoconf to fix this
myself.  Could we set the right person to this task before
a final 4.4.0 release?

Not every user will have the option of removing every
conflicting GD from their system, or of modifying their
linker's system search order.

Sean

--
Sean Gillies