[Mapserver-dev] hierarchical map files

bertelli bertelli at charta.acme.com
Fri Sep 3 12:52:42 EDT 2004

Ciao Titus,
thank you very much for your suggestion. I'm not very good at setting up
make, so, if you send me some sample file it would save a lot of time. But
the approach could be viable for us, not for the users that are working on
Windows (we can set up a mingw environment for them, but ...; I think they
are not going to be happy) and have less computing confidence.
I think these hierarchical mapfiles could be very useful to users and not
developers, this is the reason for proposing them.
BTW, I was planning a somehow similar approach, putting every information
about layers inside a table in a database and generating the mapfile with a
query, but I think hierarchical map files make sense.
Carlo